
If you asked me to be your running partner two years ago, or even if I enjoyed the thought of running… I would have giggled at you. In high school I thought cross country and track runners were ridiculous for not choosing in my opinion, a “real” sport. I was very closed minded back then so please forgive me.
I started running last October with my friend Anna. We started off slow and together we would jog a lap and walk a lap until we ran one mile. Eventually we increased our endurance and speed, we would jog up to two miles. Anna and I ran in the cold and in the rain our dedication inspired us to run a 5 K. In January, I ran in my first 5K (The Jiggle butt) ladies only run. I finished in thirty nine minutes. No it wasn't a great time but it gave me a starting point. I love the feeling I get after a good run. I love listening to nature and admiring all that God has created around me. I like to clear my mind and push myself to run faster and run longer.
On Saturday, I ran my second 5 K (Run For the Hills) it was a beautiful run through lush greenery up and down narrow hills. I walked more than I should during this race but I didn’t train as hard as I could have either... and I defiantly didn’t anticipate so many hills. I finished the race in thirty nine minutes and four seconds.
I started running last October with my friend Anna. We started off slow and together we would jog a lap and walk a lap until we ran one mile. Eventually we increased our endurance and speed, we would jog up to two miles. Anna and I ran in the cold and in the rain our dedication inspired us to run a 5 K. In January, I ran in my first 5K (The Jiggle butt) ladies only run. I finished in thirty nine minutes. No it wasn't a great time but it gave me a starting point. I love the feeling I get after a good run. I love listening to nature and admiring all that God has created around me. I like to clear my mind and push myself to run faster and run longer.
On Saturday, I ran my second 5 K (Run For the Hills) it was a beautiful run through lush greenery up and down narrow hills. I walked more than I should during this race but I didn’t train as hard as I could have either... and I defiantly didn’t anticipate so many hills. I finished the race in thirty nine minutes and four seconds.
Now if you asked me to be your running partner I’d ask where are we going to meet up? I enjoy running, I enjoy the thought of running, and I respect runners. Its funny how much your thought process changes when you open your mind. For those of you on this weight loss journey with me...have you considered running?
No, I'm still close minded... I run on occasion, its hard for me to exercise out of the house, with all the wee one's I have. Maybe one day though. I'd love to say I've run a Marathon!
ReplyDeleteas soon as I have this baby and recover.... we are hitting the track again!!!
ReplyDelete