Thursday, May 13, 2010

Let The Journey Begin


Staring Weight = 170 lbs (so embarrassing)
Goal Weight = 145 lbs or size 5/6 which ever comes first :)


Motivation is one of the reasons I am starting this blog. I need accountability and a way I can track my progress or I will not follow through (sad but true) I need to know that working my butt off in work outs and cutting my calorie intake is worth the pay off. No! it's not just about how I look, it is about getting healthy and making better choices for myself and for my family.
I am really interested in fitness and nutrition. I have a lot of practical knowledge and know-how but I don't seem to apply it to my own habits. Why is that? I am planning to go into the field of Kinesiology one day to help others fight the weight loss battle... but first, I must fight the battle to prove to others it is possible and I can assist them.
I am not officially starting my diet and exercise program until June 1st because I have to travel for work and that makes it difficult. I will be following the Weight Watchers Momentum plan for my diet and I will be doing P90X for my high intensity work outs. Stay tuned for my before pictures and body measurements. Does anyone out there want to start their journey with me?

6 comments:

  1. love it! looking forward to watching and joining the journey after this baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to! I'm the worst at motivating myself, I need someone to push me, otherwise I do it for a few days and then taper off. I've been off and on lately (I'm going to the Caribbean June 4th and am so embarrassed about being in a swimsuit). I'm not so concerned about weight loss as much as I am reducing my BMI (I think I'm at 33% body fat and want to get into a healthy range).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited to get started! I hope that by being motivated and staying focused I can help others..and we can lose weight and get healthy together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lost 35 lbs and kept if off since October, and now I am ready to lose more now that summer is coming. That is the time of year that I like to get outside and get moving. I have been going walking/jogging and watching what I eat. Sparkpeople is a great resource. I like it. I have the app on my ipod and I can chart everything I eat and also chart my workouts too. Plus I use my wii fit for weigh ins and light workouts on my off days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Jess on the 35lbs and keeping it off! I saw your FB post on Sparkpeople so I added th app to my i phone. I really like it too it's a great tracking tool. I have heard great things about the wii fit. About how many calories per workout do you burn?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I need to join......:) This coming week it is my goal to run and eat healthier. :)

    ReplyDelete