Friday, May 14, 2010

You gotta start somewhere right?

Posting my “start” pictures is probably the most humbling thing I have done in a long…long… time. Trust me, this is not easy! But ya know what!? When I take a look back at these pictures in just a few weeks I know, I will see results.

Starting Body Measurements –

Right Upper Arm (midway between the shoulder and the elbow):11.5 inches

Waist (one inch above the navel):32.3/4 inches

Hips (at maximum width):43 inches

Right Thigh (just below the buttocks):26.3/8 inches

Starting Clothing Size: mostly 9/10 my favorite brand of jeans are Silvers and I wear size 30/33

Now… for those of you, who are in this journey along with me, go and take your measurements, write them down or post them now…. We will re - measure on July 1st.

May 15th I am jogging in my second 5K race...I will post my time and pictures shortly.

6 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you, unfortunately I don't have a measurement for my arms and am without a ruler or measuring tape here, but I have the rest from doing it at work the other day.

    Arms:

    Waist: 28.5

    Hips: 42

    Thighs: 26

    Weight/size: 140/10

    I've been eating a lot healthier this last week, it's fairly close to a raw diet, but I've had to sub in some other foods because my excema is acting up. Now that I have my days off back I plan on doing some pilates and cardio again (trying to recruit a workout buddy). A friend and I are starting to food journal back and forth so that we're a little more conscious of our decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been working out for a while. No weight changes. If anything I've gained weight. Hoping its muscle being gained. I've started doing the firm wave. Love it!! So we'll see if anything changes. I do feel healthier and have lots more energy! I'll post my stats. Looking to reduce my waistline mostly. I'm built like a ruler though. I have already lost an inch the last few weeks.

    Chest 35
    Waist 31
    Hips 37.5
    Arms 10
    Mid thigh 19.5

    Weight/size 133/7

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle and Jen Thank you for posting your stats... and awesome job on eating better and working out already! I am so glad that you are all doing this with me. I feel like I have accountability and work out buddies already :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm scared to take my measurements:O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sooner or later you will be up to a 10k and then half marathon and then a full....trust me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Brady...I think I am gunna try for a half marathon next year!

    ReplyDelete